His writings and commentaries have been featured in books by authors such as John Boudreau, Ed Lawler, Dave Ulrich, Pat Wright, and others, as well as in periodicals and web sites including BNA Reporter, Career Lab, CFO.com, Directors and Boards magazine, HR Executive magazine, HR Management magazine, SHRM magazine, The Wall Street Journal, and Organizational Dynamics Journal.
- Ian co-authored the chapter, “Leadership Development: The Shift from ‘Ready Now’ to ‘Ready Able’,” in The Sage Handbook of Human Resource Management (Sage-Wilkinson, et al, 2019) on the changing context for leadership in the age of information and globalization. › Read the Chapter
- Ian wrote the essay, “The Future of Work and Leadership: 10 Predictions, 3 Trends, and 5 Capabilities,” for The End of Jobs (July 2019). › Read the Essay
- Ian has authored the chapter “The Ten Inflection Points of Coaching: Navigating the Successful Leadership Coaching Journey” in the forthcoming book, HR Directions (2015, from HR C-Suite), which focuses on what HR professionals should know right now about leadership, engagement, technology, and growing their own world-class HR careers. › Read the Excerpt
- In his article “Get On Board” from People + Strategy Journal (Spring 2015), Ian explores the evolving role of HR leaders in the boardroom. › Read “Get On Board”
- Ian’s article “HR as Orchestra Conductor” is among contributions from 73 leading HR practitioners collected in a new book, The Rise of HR – Wisdom from 73 Thought Leaders, edited by Dave Ulrich, William Schiemann, Libby Sartain, and underwritten by HR Certification Institute. (2015). › Learn More
- Ian co-authored the chapter “Workforce Planning Across the Great Divide” with John Boudreau for the book Positioned: Strategic Workforce Planning that Gets the Right Person in the Right Job by Dan Ward and Rob Tripp (AMACOM, 2013). › Learn More at Amazon
- Ian co-authored the column “Help HR’s Grasp Equal Its Reach” with John Boudreau of USC, published July 31, 2013 at CFO.com . . . › Read
- Ian co-authored the column “Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way” with John Boudreau of USC, published December 6, 2013 at Talent Management magazine . . . › Read
- Ian is a contributing author to The Chief HR Officer: Defining the New Role of Human Resource Leaders, edited by Pat Wright, et.al. (2011), from › Wiley Publishing
- Ian co-authored the article “The Future of HR and Effective Organizations” with John Boudreau of USC. It appears in the November 2011 issue of Organizational Dynamics Journal . . . › Read Article
Contact Ian Ziskin by email at email@example.com to discuss his latest writing efforts, inquire about a previous article, or discuss a possible project with him.